Thursday 26 March 2015

Happy Easter and Goodbyes

At the end of a relatively short but busy term, I would like to wish you all a restful break.

Sadly, we are saying goodbye to Miss Mortimer who is returning to Hong Kong after working so well with Hawk class and as part of the Bushy team. We wish her well with her new adventures in more exotic surroundings and we will be welcoming Mrs Harris and Mrs Friend-Smith to jointly guide Hawk class through the Summer term.

I am also leaving on Friday after two very enjoyable terms at Bushy. I don't often return to places I've worked at before but I will be making more of an effort this time to see how things are going here in the future. The school and its community has endured challenging times - involving more than an average amount of change in the last year - but it is a lovely, 'very good', happy school with an excellent team of staff.

When OFSTED returns next term, I expect them to report on many positive features of teaching, as well as the wider aspects of school life. The school may not achieve the 'good' label this time but this will be due, more than anything, to historical progress data. I would, therefore, ask you to continue to support the school in the way that you have in the months and years that follow - whatever the inspection outcomes: Bushy is very fortunate to have a team of people here who are more committed and talented than any other I have had the pleasure of working with in 26 years and mutual support between parents and staff is always invaluable.

The children too are great, of course! I have enjoyed working with them and will miss them very much. I know that they will do exceptionally well here, supported by the incredibly caring staff team.
And....I expect to be in touch with you all via class blogs and other electronic means in the future!

Thankyou for your support and kind words as parents and Governors. I'm not certain where or when I will be 'landing' next - rather like Mary Poppins - but I will let you know.

Finally, a last, cheeky mention of the London Marathon in four weeks time: any donations gratefully received for Children with Cancer UK  https://www.justgiving.com/Ellie-Beazeley

Best wishes

Chris Beazeley